‘Built in 1844 by John Frederick Hilly, architect, for Oswald Bloxhame, the house was purchased by a syndicate in 1885 and its grounds partially subdivided. The house, located near Spofforth Street between Rangers Avenue and Brierly Street survived until 1912’ [now known to be 1914] ‘when, despite protests by the local community, it was demolished for further residential subdivision’.

Source

Joy Hughes (ed), Demolished Houses of Sydney, Historic Houses Trust of New South Wales, Glebe, 1999, p 120.

photo03

(Mosman Library)